East of England Local Government Association Infrastructure & Growth Panel
The Association is a politically led cross-party organisation that represents local government in the East of England. It works on behalf of the 50 councils of the East to harness their collective strength. The political panels, of which the Infrastructure and Growth panel is one, are a core element of our relationship with members, enabling Councillors from across the region to both politically hold the Association to account, and help the Association secure its objectives across the region.
The Infrastructure and Growth panel in particular focuses on economic and infrastructural issues within the Eastern region and the Wider South East. These include:
• Support for business;
• Driving inward investment to the East of England;
• Supporting sustainable housing growth;
• Economic recovery from Covid-19;
• Co-ordinating regional responses to the London Plan; and,
• Green and sustainable travel, transport and infrastructure.
Matthew Stewart Policy Officer