Budget, Medium Term Financial Plan and Capital Strategy 2023-24
RESOLVED to RECOMMEND TO FULL COUNCIL that:
1) the Breckland revenue estimates and parish special expenses for 2023-24 and outlined position through to 2026-27 (as set out in Appendix B and E of the report) be approved.
2) the capital estimates and associated funding for 2023-24 and outline position through to 2032-33 (as set out in Appendix H of the report) be approved.
3) the fees and charges shown at Appendix D and D2 of the report, for adoption on 1 April 2023 be approved.
4) the Council Tax is set at £108.63 for a Band D property in 2023-24 (a £4.95 per annum increase on 2022-23 levels).
5) the medium-term financial plan at Appendix A of the report be approved.
6) the capital strategy at Appendix G of the report be approved.
7) with effect from 1 April 2024 (subject to the necessary legislation receiving Royal Assent in time) the Long-Term empty property premium for Council Tax is applied after 1 year and the Second Homes Council Tax premium of 100% be applied.
8) the Retail Hospitality & Leisure (RHL) NNDR relief and the Supporting Small Business (SSB) NNDR relief be approved for 2023-24 in line with Government guidelines and criteria.
9) That the following approach be adopted for the Council Tax Support Fund:
a) To apply the required reductions of up to £25 to all current LCTS claimants to their 2023-24 Council Tax bills in line with scheme guidance
b) To maximise the use of the fund by providing an additional top up payment of £12 to all current LCTS claimants to their 2023-24 Council Tax bills
c) To retain sufficient funding to provide additional S13A(1)(c) Exceptional Hardship Payment (EHP) funding and use this throughout 2023-24 to support new LCTS claimants with the same one off reduction to their 2023-24 Council Tax bills