Budget Setting, Medium Term Plan & Capital Strategy
Recommend to Full Council that:
1) The Breckland revenue estimates and parish special expenses for 2017-18 and outline position through to 2020-21 (as set out in appendix B and E) are approved.
2) The capital estimates and associated funding for 2017-18 and outline position through to 2020-21 (as set out in appendix H) are approved.
3) The discretionary business rates relief for local newspapers as detailed in appendix I is approved for a two year period only.
4) The fees and charges shown at appendix D and D2, for adoption on 1 April 2017 are approved.
5) The Council Tax in the medium term plan be set at either:
a) £5.00 increase per year (£78.98 for a Band D property in 2017-18) or,
b) 2% increase per year (75.45 for a Band D property in 2017-18, and increase of £1.47), or
c) A value between 2% and £5, or a combination of a and b above
6) The financial medium term plan at appendix A is approved
7) The capital strategy at appendix G is approved
8) That £100,000 is allocated in the Organisational Development Reserve to fund feasibility studies for growth and investment projects which will generate a return to the Council. That release of funding for individual feasibility studies be delegated to the S151 Officer in conjunction with the Strategic Growth Group and Finance Board and the Leader or Deputy Leader.