Governance & Audit Committee
Purpose of committee
The purpose of the Governance & Audit Committee is to oversee the work of the Internal and External Audit functions of the Council and provide independent assurance of the effectiveness of governance arrangements, risk management and financial management processes.
The Governance & Audit Committee has six members, plus two substitutes. Membership of the Committee is decided annually by the Council.
- Councillor Bill Borrett (Chairman)
- Councillor Robert Kybird (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Harry Clarke
- Councillor Kay E Grey
- Councillor Jane James
- Councillor Linda Monument
- Councillor Richard Duffield (Substitute Member)
- Councillor Terry Jermy (Substitute Member)
- John Plaskett
Support officer: Democratic Services. 01362 656870
Phone: 01362 656343