Governance & Audit Committee
Purpose of committee
The purpose of the Governance & Audit Committee is to oversee the work of the Internal and External Audit functions of the Council and provide independent assurance of the effectiveness of governance arrangements, risk management and financial management processes.
The Governance & Audit Committee has six members, plus two substitutes. Membership of the Committee is decided annually by the Council.
- Councillor Bill Borrett (Chairman)
- Councillor Peter Wilkinson (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Paul Hewett
- Councillor Linda Monument
- Councillor Mike Nairn
- John Plaskett
- Councillor Richard Duffield (Substitute Member)
- Councillor Jennifer Hollis (Substitute Member)
Support officer: Democratic Services. 01362 656870
Phone: 01362 656343