Governance and Audit Committee
Purpose of committee
The purpose of the Governance & Audit Committee is to oversee the work of the Internal and External Audit functions of the Council and provide independent assurance of the effectiveness of governance arrangements, risk management and financial management processes.
The Governance & Audit Committee has six members, two substitutes, plus one Independent, non-voting Co-optee. Membership of the Committee is decided annually by the Council.
- Councillor Bill Borrett (Chairman)
- Councillor Robert Kybird (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Harry Clarke
- Councillor Linda Monument
- Councillor Rhodri Oliver
- Councillor David Wickerson
- Councillor Roger Atterwill (Substitute Member)
- Councillor Paul Plummer (Substitute Member)
- Councillor Sarah Taylor (Substitute Member)
- David Fowler
Support officer: Democratic Services. 01362 656870