Anglia Revenues and Benefits Partnership Joint Committee
Purpose of committee
The Anglia Revenues and Benefits Partnership (ARP) was originally established in 2003 by Breckland Council and Forest Heath District Council to jointly manage the delivery of revenue services in partnership to give advantages and economies of scale and provide a robust flexible service.
The Partnership was expanded to include East Cambridgeshire District Council, Fenland District Council, St Edmundsbury District Council, Suffolk Coastal and Waveney District Councils.
On 1 April 2019, East Suffolk Council and West Suffolk Council were created. Suffolk Coastal and Waveney District Councils were merged to create East Suffolk Council and Forest Heath and St Edmundsbury District Council were merged to create West Suffolk Council.
The Partnership now consists of five Councils including Breckland, East Cambridgeshire, East Suffolk, Fenland and West Suffolk.
The purpose of the ARP Joint Committee is to discharge the revenues services and benefits functions on behalf of all the aforementioned Councils, including council tax collection, national non-domestic rates collection, council tax benefit and housing benefit as set out in the various relevant Acts. By coming together, each council has saved money by pooling resources and staff. Over the last few years the Partnership has saved over £2,000,000 across all councils involved.
The Joint Committee has a total of five members (one member for each partner authority, appointed annually).
- Councillor David Ambrose-Smith (Chairman)
- Councillor Jan French (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Sarah Broughton
- Councillor Maurice Cook
- Councillor Philip Cowen
- Councillor Sam Chapman-Allen (Substitute Member)
- Councillor Paul Claussen (Substitute Member)
- Councillor David Brown (Substitute Member)
- Councillor Joshua Schumann (Substitute Member)
- Councillor Steve Gallant (Substitute Member)
- Councillor Richard Kerry (Substitute Member)
- Councillor Kim French (Substitute Member)
- Councillor David Connor (Substitute Member)
- Councillor Sara Mildmay-White (Substitute Member)
Support officer: Democratic Services, Breckland Council. Tel: 01362 656870