Local Housing Allowance - Policy Review (Agenda item 13)
- Meeting of Anglia Revenues and Benefits Partnership Joint Committee, Thursday, 28th February, 2008 4.00 pm (Item 11.)
To consider the following draft policies which have been reviewed to meet the requirements of the Local Housing Allowance scheme:
A number of policies needed to be adapted to take account of the new Local Housing Allowance. This was a major change in benefit provision and necessitated amendments to a number of policies which needed to include reference to the scheme.
Copies of the policies, showing the suggested amendments to the existing text, were tabled.
The changes proposed to the policies were purely to take account of the new provisions and otherwise involved no variation of policy. These changes were within the remit of the Joint Committee and would be brought to the attention of the partner authorities through the reference of the minutes of this meeting to them.
RESOLVED that the proposed amendments be accepted in respect of the ARP policies in respect of:
- Appeals and procedure
- Debt management recovery
- Discretionary housing payment
- Methods of benefits payments
- Counter fraud
- Right off
- Post opening
- Staff training and development
- Code of conduct and safety.
- Draft Appeals policy and procedure 2008 smf, item 11. PDF 362 KB
- Draft Debt Management Recovery Policy 2008 smf, item 11. PDF 337 KB
- Draft Discretionary Housing Payment Policy 2008 smf, item 11. PDF 371 KB
- Draft Methods of Benefit Payments Policy 2008 smf, item 11. PDF 375 KB
- Draft Overpayment policy 2008 smf, item 11. PDF 233 KB
- Fraud Policy - Partnership (Revised February 2008), item 11. PDF 592 KB
- Draft Write Off Policy 2008 smf, item 11. PDF 362 KB
- Draft Post Opening policy 2008 smf, item 11. PDF 350 KB
- Draft Staff Training and Development Policy 2008 smf, item 11. PDF 339 KB
- Code of Conduct & Safety Policy, item 11. PDF 550 KB