Draft Budget Setting, Medium Term Plan and Capital Strategy (Agenda item 9)
- Meeting of Cabinet, Tuesday, 28th November, 2017 9.30 am (Item 125/17)
- View the background to item 125/17
Report of the Executive Member for Finance.
The Executive Member for Finance presented the report. The report asked Members to consider and review the draft Capital and Revenue budget estimates, the Medium Term Financial Plan and the Capital Strategy.
This was the first stage of the budget setting process. The final budget would be presented to Cabinet and Full Council in February 2018, incorporating final information such as the Government Settlement, along with the formal Council tax report. The estimates would be updated once further information became available.
Members were reminded there had been a 4.4% increase to Band D Council Tax levels in 2017/18. A similar increase for 2018/19 could be considered, but was dependant on the Government Settlement. Even at a 4.4% increase Breckland Council would still have the lowest Council Tax in the Country.
Special expenses, fees and charges and the requirements for the Capital Programme were highlighted and discussed.
Further to the above, Members were asked to note that under the affordable housing element, of the £292,301 S106 funding, £205,970 had to be spent by September 2018. How and where this money could be used depended upon the terms of each S106 Agreement. It was agreed that Ward Members would be kept informed of S106 monies to be spent in their area.
To comply with budgetary and policy framework.
· That the draft Capital and Revenue Budget Estimates, the draft medium Term Financial Plan and the draft Capital Strategy be reviewed.
· There are no alternative options presented.
RESOLVED that the draft Capital & Revenue Budget Estimates, the draft Medium Term Financial Plan and the draft Capital Strategy be reviewed.
- Draft Budget Setting, Medium Term Plan and Capital Strategy, item 125/17 PDF 77 KB
- Appendix A, item 125/17 PDF 583 KB
- Appendix B, item 125/17 PDF 44 KB
- Appendix C, item 125/17 PDF 25 KB
- Appendix D, item 125/17 PDF 450 KB
- Appendix D2, item 125/17 PDF 187 KB
- Appendix E, item 125/17 PDF 31 KB
- Appendix F, item 125/17 PDF 84 KB
- Appendix G, item 125/17 PDF 229 KB
- Appendix H, item 125/17 PDF 141 KB