Venue: The Norfolk Rooms, Conference Suite, Elizabeth House, Dereham
Contact: Committee Services Tel 01362 656870
To confirm the Minutes of the meeting held on 20 August 2008.
The minutes of the meeting held on 20 August 2008 were confirmed as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.
To receive apologies for absence.
Apologies for absence were received from Mrs. P. Quadling and Mr. M. Broughton (Member Development & Scrutiny Officer).
Declaration of Interest
Members are asked at this stage to declare any interests that they may have in any of the following items on the agenda. The Members' Code of Conduct requires that declarations include the nature of the interest and whether it is a personal or prejudicial interest.
The following declarations of interest were made:
1. Mr. W.P. Borrett – Personal and prejudicial interest in regard to LDF matters relating to North Elmham as landowner and a family member has land submitted under the LDF.
2. Mr. R. Childerhouse – Personal and prejudicial interest in relation to Weeting Local Service Centre allocation.
3. Mr. P.J. Duigan – Personal interest as a Member of Dereham Town Council in relation to LDF matters.
4. Mrs. D. Irving – Personal interest as a Member of Dereham Town Council in relation to LDF matters.
5. Mr. A.P. Joel – Personal interest in regard to LDF matters as a member of Old Buckenham Parish Council and has a friend and knows others who have submitted applications under the LDF.
6. Mr. J.P. Labouchere – Personal and prejudicial interest in regard to LDF matters pertaining to Hermitage Ward.
7. Mr. I.A.C. Monson – Personal and prejudicial interest in relation to LDF site specifics relating to Oxborough.
8. Mr. J.D. Rogers – Personal and prejudicial interest in regard to LDF and site specifics matters as landowner in Carbrooke and submitted land application in LDF.
9. Mrs. L. Turner – Personal interest as a Member of Dereham Town Council in relation to LDF matters.
10. Mr. A.C. Stasiak – Personal interest as a close associate of the above-named Members.
Non-Members Wishing to Address the Meeting
To note the names of any non-members wishing to address the meeting.
The following Members were in attendance for agenda item 6:
Submission Core Strategy and Development Control Policies Development Plan Document (Agenda Item 6)
Report of the Strategic Director (Business Transformation).
The Environmental Planning Manager introduced this item.
Members’ views were sought on the content of the revised Core Strategy and Development Control Policies as amended in the light of the comments received on the Preferred Options document, which was the subject of consultation between January and March 2008.
The purpose of this stage in the process was to refine the document for submission to the Secretary of State to reflect the responses to the consultation and to ensure the document was sound.
The Inspector would examine the submitted Strategy and Policy documents as to their soundness, effectiveness, justification per the evidence base and were procedurally correct.
No fundamental matters had arisen from the comments received under the consultation process which would require the documents to be set aside.
The statutory consultees had responded that they found the documents sound, although some amendments had been requested.
Members were reminded that the Core Strategy Issues and Options had been considered firstly in 2005, followed by the Preferred Options in the same year. Subsequently, the evidence base had been firmed up and the Issues and Options had gone out to consultation in 2007, with further consultation on the proposed policies in 2008. The results of the consultation had been reported back at each stage.
Amendments to the draft submission documents were highlighted within the document in bold type or strikethrough. Many of the amendments were of a minor nature but changes of any significance would be highlighted during the Panel’s consideration.
It was the officers’ view that the submission documents were sound and procedurally correct.
Following the Panel’s consideration today, the matter would go forward to the Overview and Scrutiny Commission on 2nd October, Cabinet on 14th October and concluding with Council on 6th November, 2008. Adoption on 6th November 2008 would confirm that the submission documents were considered to be sound by the Council.
The documents would then be published for public consultation for a period of six weeks during December 2008 and January 2009, giving a further period for public comment, following which the documents would be formally submitted to the Secretary of State in February 2009. Public examination was expected to take place around September 2009.
The Principal Planning Policy Officer explained that Appendix A to the report was a schedule of the Preferred Options policies and Submission policies. Appendix B contained the revised Core Strategy and Development Control Policies incorporating changes in response to the comments made at the Preferred Options stage in accordance with Regulation 26. Each of the policies in the Appendix was preceded by a copy of the comments received.
The Panel then proceeded to consider each policy in turn and the Panel’s comments and recommendations are given in the schedule appended to these minutes. A summary of the consultation comments received and the officers’ response was given in respect of each item.
The Executive Member recorded her thanks to all the Environmental Planning Team and to Members for their hard work ... view the full minutes text for item 60.
Work Programme (Agenda Item 7)
Members are invited to consider any additional items or topics for inclusion on the future work programme.
Items for future meetings remained to be confirmed.
To note the arrangements for the next meeting on 28 October 2008 at 10.00 a.m. in the Norfolk Room, Conference Suite, Elizabeth House, Dereham.
The arrangements for the next meeting on 28 October 2008 were noted.