RIPA Policy update
Meeting: 17/10/2017 - Cabinet (Item 108)
Report of Councillor Mark Robinson, Executive Member for Governance.
The Executive Member for Governance presented the report, the purpose of which was to ensure that the Council’s Policy and Procedures were updated in light of recommendations from the Office of the Surveillance Commissioner.
To ensure that the Council’s Policy and Procedures are fit for purpose and compliant with current legal requirements and guidance.
· To approve the recommendations.
· To leave the Policy and Procedures unchanged. In view of the fact that all of the proposed amendments have been approved or proposed by the OSC, this option was not recommended.
1) the Executive Manager, Governance be instructed to update the RIPA Policy and Procedures to reflect the recommendations of the Office of the Surveillance Commissioner (OSC);
2) the Executive Manager, Governance be instructed to report annually to Executive Members on the number of RIPA authorisations and on the fitness of the Policy and Procedures; and
3) in between annual reports, any activity be reported to the Executive Member, Governance.