Grants Report (Standing Item)
Meeting: 18/06/2013 - Cabinet (Item 44)
To consider the grants put forward (if any) from Share Point the on-line grant process.
The Executive Member for Localism, Community & Environmental Services presented the report that summarised the funding recommendations made by Officers and Executive Members under the new Sharepoint system process.
Councillor Chapman-Allen raised concerns about the funding conditions made by the Executive Members under section 3 of the report and highlighted the fact that East Harling Sports & Social Club already hosted outside events and would continue to do so. She also highlighted the fact that Harling was not used for many of the holiday activities, mentioned under paragraph 3.1 of the report and said that the Club would be more than happy to accommodate such activities to make more use of the hall. She asked if the word ‘conditioned’ under this section could be changed to ‘reviewed’ so not to tie the Club down too firmly.
The Executive Member for Localism, Community & Environmental Services said that the reason these conditions had been included was to ensure that these organisations contributed to their communities. Members were informed that the Club already did through hosting many regular activities. This funding would encourage more sports clubs/activities to use the improved facilities that East Harling Sports & Social Club had to offer.
(1) To approve the Match Funding for East Harling Sports & Social Club to the value of £12,892.00.
(2) To approve a lesser amount of Match Funding.
(3) To decline the Match Funding application.
The Executive Members have recommended approval for East Harling Sports & Social Club subject to the following conditions:
- To agree some hosting of events/coaching during the next 12 months;
- The grant from East Harling Parish Council to be confirmed before payment was made; and
- The hosting of children’s holiday activities be conditioned.
RESOLVED that the Capital Match Funding application of £12,892.00 towards electrical, plumbing and heating work at East Harling Recreation Club be approved, subject to:
(1) confirmation that all other funding sources were in place prior to release of the funding;
(2) a maximum sum of £12,892.00 or 19.96% of the cost of the project whichever was the lower; and
(3) any other conditions that arose from Member comments from Sharepoint.