Budget Setting Report
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To ask Members to recommend the 2011/12 estimates to Council and for Members to be advised on the outline financial position through to 2015/16.
RESOLVED that a report be prepared for the next Cabinet meeting on 22 February 2011 to provide Members with a greater understanding of how the Homelessness Grant is spent.
Subject to the charges for domestic rats and mice being continued as a free of charge service; it was RECOMMENDED to Council that:
1) the Breckland revenue estimates and parish council special expenses for 2011/12 and outline position through to 2015/16 be approved;
2) the capital estimates and associated funding for 2011/12 and outline position through to 2015/16 be approved;
3) the revised capital estimates and associated funding for 2010/11 be approved;
4) the fees and charges shown at appendix 2/2B of the report, for adoption 1 April 2011, be approved;
5) the Council Tax for a Band D property in 2011.12 be set at £64.05
6) the changes to the Constitution for Reserves and Grants (detailed in appendix 6 of the report) be approved;
7) up to £754,675 of the pre-incurred costs (detailed in section 3 of the report) relating to Thetford Enterprise Park (TEP) be written off to the General Fund; and
8) the budget virements set out in appendix 8 of the report be approved.
Reasons for the decision:
To comply with the budgetary and policy framework.
Alternative options considered:
There are no alternative budget options presented; however, the Cabinet is able to make amendments before recommendation to Full Council.
Report author: Mark Finch
Publication date: 13/01/2011
Date of decision: 11/01/2011
Decided at meeting: 11/01/2011 - Cabinet
- Cabinet Report Budget Setting 1112 Jan PDF 209 KB
- Appendix 1 Overall Position PDF 58 KB
- Appendix 2 Fees & Charges PDF 77 KB
- Appendix 2b Building Regulation Charges PDF 62 KB
- Appendix 3 Reserves PDF 44 KB
- Appendix 4 Statutory & Discretionary split PDF 47 KB
- Appendix 5 Capital PDF 47 KB
- Appendix 6 Constitution Changes PDF 42 KB
- Appendix 7 Tax Base PDF 39 KB
- Appendix 8 virements PDF 53 KB