Dereham Memorial Hall
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To grant Dereham Town Council £250,000 from the Breckland Council Match Funding Reserve towards the refurbishment and extension of the Dereham Memorial Hall.
That the Revenue Match Funding application of £250,000 toward the refurbishment and extension of Dereham Memorial Hall for Dereham Town Council as detailed in the report be approved, subject to:
1) the details of the grant conditions being delegated to the Lead Member and the Section 151 Officer;
2) a maximum of £250,000 or 11% whichever is the lower from the Revenue Match Funding Reserve;
3) the remaining balance of £39,396.86 from the funding amount of £44,901 already awarded to Dereham Town Council and approved by Breckland Council in 2006 towards the cost of the completed feasibility study and Business Plan be released to the Town Council; and
4) the balance of all other funding being confirmed.
Reasons for the decision:
The Dereham Memorial Hall is a flagship venue for Dereham and the district as a whole. The refurbishment and extension of the Hall would enable a greater range of community activities to take place with increased participation by Breckland residents and visitors to the area. A Business Plan had been developed and consideration had been given to the financial viability and sustainability. £250,000 is a large commitment on behalf of Breckland Council but represents only 11% of the overall project cost, with a significant contribution coming from Dereham Town Council themselves.
Alternative options considered:
1. To approve the Match Funding application for £250,000 from Dereham Town Council for the Dereham Memorial Hall project.
2. To reject the Match Funding application for £250,000 from Dereham Town Council for the Dereham Memorial Hall project.
Report author: Rob Walker
Publication date: 10/06/2010
Date of decision: 08/06/2010
Decided at meeting: 08/06/2010 - Cabinet
Effective from: 18/06/2010