Statement of Community Involvement (SCI)
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider and agree a revised Statement of Community Involvement and approve it for public consultation.
(1) the content of the Statement of Community Involvement be approved; and
(2) authority to commence the public consultation between 2nd April and 3rd May 2013 be approved.
Reasons for the decision:
The Statement of Community Involvement meets the requirements of the regulations, and reflects existing practices as well as setting out clearly how the Council would engage with communities and stakeholders on development management decisions and planning policy. The SCI has been set out in a logical manner, with the use of plain English to make it accessible.
Alternative options considered:
(1) Cabinet approves the content of the Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) for consultation between 2 April and 3rd May 2013;
(2) Cabinet approves the SCI but considers is should not be consulted on and should move to adoption at the next available Full Council meeting (23 May 2013);
(3) Cabinet approves the SCI but requests a longer consultation period; or
(4) Cabinet rejects the content of the SCI and requests further amendments and reconsideration.
Report author: David Spencer
Publication date: 28/03/2013
Date of decision: 26/03/2013
Decided at meeting: 26/03/2013 - Cabinet
Effective from: 09/04/2013