Authorisation to Release Funds from the Match Funding (small) Scheme (D29-19)
Decision Maker: Leader of the Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider the decision to award match funding to five projects.
To release funding to the following Match Funding applicants:
· Whissonesett Parish Council £5,000 (or 16% of the total project cost, whichever is the lower amount) to contribute to play area improvements.
· The Woodcraft Folk £4,200 (or 44% of the total project cost, whichever is the lower amount) to develop their activities in Thetford.
· CPRE Norfolk £505 (or 17% of the total project cost, whichever is the lower amount) to support the costs of organising and staging a one day conference to offer solutions to issues around rural housing.
· The Benjamin Foundation £3,260 (or 50% of the total project cost, whichever is the lower amount) towards the cost of a four-day residential trip to Calais for 10 young people from Breckland.
· Dereham Meeting Point £2,500 (or 38% of the total project cost, whichever is the lower amount) to assist with the purchase of a tovertafel (magic table) to assist with people with dementia.
Reasons for the decision:
The applications meet the criteria of the scheme and there are sufficient funds remaining to support the five applications.
Alternative options considered:
1. To fully fund all applications,
2. To partly fund the applications
3. Do nothing.
Publication date: 22/05/2019
Date of decision: 21/05/2019
Effective from: 31/05/2019