Local Development Framework - Thetford Area Action Plan - Issue and Options
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the Thetford Area Action Plan Issues and Options consultation document for consultation.
1) the Thetford Area Action Plan Issues and Options consultation document be approved, subject to any final editing by the Growth Point Team;
2) the preparation of a ‘slimmed down’ consultation leaflet be approved; and
3) the publication of the Thetford Area Action Plan Issues and Options consultation document for a six week consultation period, commencing in week beginning 23 June and ending in the first week of August 2008, be approved.
Reasons for the decision:
Options 1 or 2 of the report are recommended as it is important that the Council progress the Thetford Area Action Plan without delay. The document has been soundly produced, meeting all necessary regulations and planning advice. Any delay in publication could result in a lack of confidence in the process.
Alternative options considered:
1) Approve the document and the preparation of a separate consultation leaflet, subject to final adjustments by the Growth Point Team, and issue for consultation in late June for six weeks.
2) As Option 1 above, but with the addition/deletion of sections or amendments to the text or questions.
3) Not to approve the document, and ask for a revised version to be brought back to a future Moving Thetford Forward meeting in due course.
Report author: Andrea Long
Publication date: 12/06/2008
Date of decision: 10/06/2008
Decided at meeting: 10/06/2008 - Cabinet
Effective from: 20/06/2008