The Brecks Stone Curlew Buffer and Special Protection Area (SPA)
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To advise Members on new advice from Natural England with regards to the criteria used in decision making around development proposals within the Brecks SPA Protected zone.
RESOLVED that the new advice be noted as a material consideration for the purposes of determining planning applications within the Brecks Special Protection Area (SPA) and buffer areas and as evidence for work on the local plan update.
Reasons for the decision:
This is a Statutory Requirement and will help provide robust decision making on relevant planning applications.
Alternative options considered:
This is a Statutory Requirement and not applying the latest advice from Natural England when decision making leaves the Council open to potential legal challenge.
Report author: Andrew D'Arcy
Publication date: 11/09/2023
Date of decision: 11/09/2023
Decided at meeting: 11/09/2023 - Cabinet
Effective from: 19/09/2023
- The Brecks Stone Curlew Buffer Special Protection Area (SPA) Cabinet 110923 (002) PDF 198 KB
- Appendix A Old Stone Curlew Buffer Map PDF 332 KB
- Appendix B Stone Curlew Updated Map 2023 PDF 651 KB
- Appendix C Guidance Letter from Natural England PDF 84 KB
- Appendix D Minor Development Guidance (Annex A) PDF 208 KB
- Appendix E Small scale development guidance_Technical Note_23 (Annex B) PDF 182 KB