Local Plan Review
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To review the Local Plan
1) a Single Policy Partial Review of Policy INF 03 is prepared in parallel with a Substantive Review of the whole Local Plan as outlined in Section 4 of the report
2) timetables for both the Single Policy Partial and Substantive reviews are approved as set out in the revised Local Development Scheme
3) further work is undertaken and continued challenge and monitoring to agree the ongoing financial resource required for the preparation of the Single Policy Partial and Substantive reviews of the Plan
4) the Statement of Community Involvement is approved for public consultation for a period of 6 weeks.
Reasons for the decision:
The Preparation of a Local Plan is a statutory requirement. Plans must be underpinned by an appropriate evidence base, much of which is required at an early stage of the preparation process to inform future decisions over development strategies and allocations.
Alternative options considered:
Options are outlined within the report.
Report author: Andrew D'Arcy
Publication date: 21/09/2021
Date of decision: 20/09/2021
Decided at meeting: 20/09/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 29/09/2021
This decision has been called in by:
- Teresa Smith who writes The decision made at Cabinet on 20/9/21 has been called in by Councillors Atterwill, Morton and Clarke"