Calendar of Council and Committee Meetings 2008 - 2009
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
To recommend a calendar of meetings for 2008-2009 for approval.
Recommend to Council that
1) the calendar of Council and Committee meetings for 2008-2009 be approved;
2) the Annual meeting of the Council is held on 22 May 2008;
3) a meeting of the Council is held on Monday, 30 June 2008 to facilitate the approval of the Statement of Accounts; and
4) to allow for the Council meeting on 30 June 2008, a meeting of the Development Control Committee is held on Thursday, 3 July 2008 to maintain that Committee’s three week meeting cycle.
Reasons for the decision:
To comply with Standing Orders and the scheme of delegation for the recommendation to Council for adoption of a calendar of meetings for 2008-2009.
Alternative options considered:
1) To recommend the attached schedule of meetings for the Council’s approval, including the provision for a meeting of the Council on Monday, 30 June 2008 and a meeting of Development Control Committee on Thursday, 3 July 2008.
2) To suggest any amendments.
Report author: Elaine Wilkes
Publication date: 14/02/2008
Date of decision: 12/02/2008
Decided at meeting: 12/02/2008 - Cabinet