Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
This report seeks to establish a funding
reserve of up to £50,000 to support the preparation, project
management, event organisation, promotion and
Recommend to Council that subject to acceptance of the Area Based Grant of £95k the proposal for a Cultural Olympiad Funding Reserve of up to £50k be accepted.
Reasons for the decision:
1) It meets the Corporate Objectives of the Council.
2) To continue to raise the profile of our district as part of the Council’s Civic Pride Agenda.
3) Creating sustainable clubs and community groups and improving community cohesion.
Alternative options considered:
1) To approve the request for a Cultural Olympiad Funding Reserve of up to £50k.
2) Not to approve the request for a Cultural Olympiad Funding Reserve.
Report author: Joe Liggett
Publication date: 14/02/2008
Date of decision: 12/02/2008
Decided at meeting: 12/02/2008 - Cabinet