Estimates 2008 - 2009
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To agree the estimates for 2008-2009
That the Council be recommended to:
(1) approve the revised estimates for 2007-08, which includes the elements raised by the key issues;
(2) approve the estimates for 2008-09, which includes the elements raised by the key issues; and
(3) set the Council Tax for a band D property in 2008-09 at £61.98
Reasons for the decision:
The approval of the estimates and precept form the basis for the calculation of the Council Tax for each band of property that was required to be formally approved for 2008-2009.
Alternative options considered:
(1) Consider the recommendations of the Star Chamber and the projects to be incorporated into the base budget.
(2) Adopt the six-year budget plan and recommend to Council the band D Council Tax for 2008-09.
(3) Amend the Star Chamber recommendations and budget and put alternative proposals to Council.
Report author: Mark Finch
Publication date: 10/01/2008
Date of decision: 08/01/2008
Decided at meeting: 08/01/2008 - Cabinet
- Estimates 2008-09_report PDF 102 KB
- Estimates_Appendix A - Star Chamber PDF 10 KB
- Estimates_Appendix B - General Fund Summary PDF 9 KB
- Estimates_Appendix C - Revenue Estimates PDF 48 KB
- Estimates_Appendix D - Capital Estimates PDF 16 KB
- Estimates_Appendix E - E Reserves PDF 13 KB
- Estimates_Appendix F - Risk Assessment PDF 52 KB