Planning and Building Control Business Case
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The report updated Members on progress towards trading Planning and Building Control Services and made a number of initial recommendations for approval pending a further detailed report on the way forward.
That the Council be recommended to
(1) approve delegated authority to the Chief Executive to agree specifications;
(2) approve delegated authority to the Chief Executive in consultation with the Leader to deal with the administrative arrangements in respect of setting up the company, including the name, appointment of Secretary and the Board and other such administrative arrangements; and
(3) approve that a report be submitted to Council within 2 months to report progress on options and recommend a way forward having allowed the new Strategic Director - Transformation time to consider the options fully.
Reasons for the decision:
Option 7.1 would ensure that all options had been explored and that there was ownership and accountability for delivery.
Alternative options considered:
(1) Agree that a full options report was submitted within 2 months but that the initial recommendations listed be approved
(2) Not agree that a full options report was submitted within 2 months or that the initial recommendations were approved.
(3) Members consider what revised information they require to clarify actions moving forward.
Report author: Margaret Bailey, Keith Stevens
Publication date: 10/01/2008
Date of decision: 08/01/2008
Decided at meeting: 08/01/2008 - Cabinet