Budget, Financial Medium Term Plan and Capital Strategy
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To consider the retail business rates relief and delegation of guidelines; to consider capital and revenue budget estimates and proposed council tax, the Financial Medium Term Plan and the Capital Strategy and recommend approval to Full Council.
RECOMMEND to Council that:
1) the Breckland revenue estimates and parish special expenses for 2014-15 and outline position through to 2018-19 as set out in Appendix B of the report be approved;.
2) the capital estimates and associated funding for 2014-15 and outline position through to 2018-19 as set out in Appendix H of the report be approved;
3) the fees and charges shown at Appendix D and D2 of the report for adoption on 1 April 2014 be approved;
4) the Council Tax for a Band D property in 2014-15 be frozen at £69.03 as set out in Appendix B of the report;
5) the Financial Medium Term Plan at Appendix A of the report be approved;
6) the Capital Strategy at Appendix G of the report be approved;
7) the contribution of £305k in relation to council tax support to town and parish councils be paid; and
8) relief be awarded to all businesses that fall within Government’s criteria equally and to delegate the determination of the final scheme guidelines to the Assistant Director Finance in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Finance and the Portfolio Holder for Corporate Services and Quality Assurance following publication of the final scheme by Government.
Reasons for the decision:
To comply with the budgetary and policy framework.
Alternative options considered:
- Recommendations 1 to 8 be made to Full Council.
- Make amendments before recommendations 1 to 8 be made to Full Council.
Report author: Alison Chubbock, Mark Finch
Publication date: 19/02/2014
Date of decision: 19/02/2014
Decided at meeting: 19/02/2014 - Cabinet
- Budget and MTP report 1415 PDF 64 KB
- Appendix A - MTP and Budget PDF 318 KB
- Appendix B - GFS PDF 63 KB
- Appendix C - Tax Base PDF 33 KB
- Appendix D - Fees and Charges PDF 70 KB
- Appendix D2 - Planning Fees PDF 29 KB
- Appendix E - Reserves PDF 44 KB
- Appendix F - Sensitivities PDF 73 KB
- Appendix G - Capital Strategy PDF 237 KB
- Appendix H - Capital PDF 65 KB
- Appendix I - Business Rates Retail Relief guidance PDF 89 KB