Licensing and Business Support
Decision Maker: Business Improvement and Projects Sub-Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
In October 2009 a transformation programme for the Licensing and Business Support function commenced with a number of streams. The programme aimed to complete by October 2010. This report details the deviation from this completion date, the original business case and presents a recommendation for the future of the programme.
(1) Option 3 of the report would be implemented; the project would be closed and outstanding deliverables would be migrated to the Service Team Plan; and
(2) Funds would be identified to employ temporary staff to complete the data migration.
Reasons for the decision:
· The implementation of option 3 would ensure that the objectives and outstanding deliverables of the programme are not lost
· It would continue to see the service improve and take ownership of the remaining deliverables as the platforms are now in place to support these
· It would move the ownership of the deliverables and issues into the associated owners within the Service Team Plans
· It would enable the outstanding deliverables to be managed through the Performance Management System and Performance Clinics
Alternative options considered:
1. Do nothing
Accept the issues with the Licensing team in anticipation these may improve. Determine who will be responsible for the outstanding deliverables within the programme and who will implement these.
2. Close the project
Close the programme and formally complete a project closure document.
This will not meet the programmes original aim and objectives and the business case on which it was started.
3. Close the project and migrate outstanding deliverables to STPs
Migrate the outstanding deliverables into Service Team Plans. These can be revisited at a such a time resource permit this to be finalised. In some instances the remainder deliverables could be completed in isolation by the team should the team be static in it’s resource.
Publication date: 10/03/2011
Date of decision: 01/03/2011
Decided at meeting: 01/03/2011 - Business Improvement and Projects Sub-Committee
Effective from: 18/03/2011