1Future 'Proposal' - Flagship Housing Group
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Information Only
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To consider the proposal by parent company Flagship Housing Group to amalgamate its three component housing associations to form a single new entity ‘Flagship’. This proposal would be called 1Future.
RECOMMEND to Council that consent be given to Flagship Housing Group’s request to amalgamate its group structure and concomitant deregulation of Flagship Peddars Way subject to the following requirements:
1) Officers request that any consent forthcoming reflect:
· The need to ensure that the obligations/rights contained with the stock transfer agreement remain and are transferred to the newly created single entity.
· The need for the new organisation to demonstrate its ongoing strategic commitment to the growth and rural housing agendas and the local offer to tenants/leaseholders in the Breckland District
· The need to agree an asset disposal strategy with the Council
· The need for Flagship to actively demonstrate how the positive strategic and operational relationships that now exist can be maintained at non executive director/member level and how we ensure that a ‘one size fits all’ approach will not emanate from the new organisation. A suggestion in this regards is that rather than securing a place on the new board, Breckland are engaged on a ‘scrutiny’ level.
2) Breckland Council Legal Services request that any consent forthcoming should be subject to the proviso that the successor body to Peddars Way Housing Association enters into a formal Deed of Novation to Breckland Council. Thereby ensuring that all Peddars Way Housing Associations contractual obligations arising from the Large Scale Voluntary Transfer are preserved.
Reasons for the decision:
The formation of the new organisation post Election and post Comprehensive Spending Review presents new opportunities for the partnership. In developing the localism and shared service agenda, the Council is considering new ways of delivering services and there are some potential future opportunities inherent in the Flagship proposal.
Alternative options considered:
1) To consent to Flagship Housing Group’s request to amalgamate the existing group structure and in doing so deregulate Flagship Peddars Way.
2) Not to consent to Flagship Housing Group’s request.
Report author: Anita Brennan
Publication date: 13/01/2011
Date of decision: 11/01/2011
Decided at meeting: 11/01/2011 - Cabinet