Capital & Revenue Budget Setting, Medium Term Financial Plan and Capital Strategy
RECOMMEND to Council that:
1) the Breckland revenue estimates and parish special expenses for 2015-16 and outline position through to 2018-19 as set out in Appendix B be approved;
2) the capital estimates, capital carry-overs and associated funding for 2015-16 and outline position through to 2018-19 as set out in Appendix H of the report be approved;
3) the fees and charges as shown in Appendix D and D2 of the report, for adoption on 1 April 2015 be approved;
4) the Council Tax for a Band D property in 2015-16 be frozen at £69.03 as set out in Appendix B of the report be approved;
5) the Medium Term Plan at Appendix A of the report be approved;
6) the Capital Strategy at Appendix G of the report be approved;
7) the use of the Council’s discretionary power (S47 Local Government Finance Act) to provide the transitional relief be approved, and delegated authority be given to the Executive Director of Place, in consultation with the Executive Member for Finance, to determine the final guidelines for the operation of the transitional relief for 2015-16 and 2016-17 following the current scheme and guidance issued by Government;
8) the Corporate Plan and appendices (as amended) be approved; and
9) Breckland Council encourages and supports town and parish councils to bid to Central Government for the recently announced 2015-16 basic grant funding for the delivery of local Neighbourhood Plans. Breckland Council will match fund 50% of the successful bid (up to a maximum of £4,000 per submission) for those organisations provided they have pre-notified Breckland Council of their intention to bid. Any bids which have already been approved will be considered for the same match funding.
I. the sum of £372,000 be earmarked from the Communities Reserve (Developing Stronger Communities element) for the Neighbourhood Plan grant match funding for town and parish councils;
II. a further £80,000 be earmarked from the Council Tax & NNDR Reserve to top up the Communities Reserve (Developing Stronger Communities element) if required;
III. the sum of £50,000 be allocated from the Organisational Development Reserve for a fixed term planning resource to provide additional capacity within the Council’s retained planning function to support the development of the funded Neighbourhood Plans; and
IV. any additional specific funding contribution the Council receives from Central Government for completed Neighbourhood Plans be allocated to the Community Reserve.