Removal of a Hedgerow at Hoe without Prior Submission of a Hedgerow Removal Notice (Agenda Item 13)
Report of the Deputy Chief Executive.
The Council’s Tree and Countryside Officer advised Members that hedgerow adjacent to the B1146 had been removed without the prior submission of a Hedgerow Removal Notice. This was a statutory requirement in itself.
The hedgerow had been there since at least 1945. Members were shown maps of the site and photographs of the evidence of the hedge’s removal.
The Committee’s views were sought on whether to proceed with a prosecution and/or Replanting Notice.
A Member said that, subject to legal advice, the Council should take the most severe action in response to this act.
1) direct officers to pursue prosecution proceedings subject to the satisfaction of their legal advisors; and
2) authorise the issue of a Hedgerow Replacement Notice to secure the replanting of the hedgerow in the same place as the one removed.
- Hoe Hedgerow Removal Report to DC 051109, item 197. PDF 76 KB
- Hoe, 051109 Appendix A, item 197. PDF 19 KB
- Hoe, 051109 Appendix B, item 197. PDF 34 KB
- Hoe, 051109 Appendix C, item 197. PDF 28 KB
- Hoe, 051109 Appendix C2, item 197. PDF 37 KB
- Hoe, 051109 Appendix C3, item 197. PDF 24 KB
- Hoe, 051109 Appendix C4, item 197. PDF 26 KB
- Hoe, 051109 Appendix D, item 197. PDF 44 KB