Breckland CIL - Draft Charging Schedule and Viability Assessment (Agenda item 9)
- Meeting of Cabinet, Tuesday, 29th October, 2013 9.30 am (Item 82/13)
- View the background to item 82/13
Report of Mark Kiddle-Morris, Executive Member for Assets & Strategic Development.
Due to their size, all appendices to this report are attached as a separate document (appendices A, B, C, D, E, F and G).
To save on printing costs, Members are reminded to bring their copies of the above appendices to the Cabinet meeting as previously notified.
The Breckland CIL draft Charging Schedule and Viability Assessment had been due to go to the Full Council meeting on 14 November; however, the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) had since proposed further changes to the CIL Regulations with the objective of laying new regulations in Parliament before the end of the year to come into effect, subject to the Parliamentary process, by the end of January 2014.
Councillor North was aware that further parishes had been included in the higher value charging zone (see page 17 of the agenda) and felt that the parishes of Swaffham and Watton should also be considered for inclusion. Members were reminded that Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) monies would be put into a combined ‘pot’ and distributed across all communities. Councillor North said that she would prefer the two parishes to have a ‘pot’ of their own.
In response to the above concern, the Executive Member for Communications, Organisational Development & Performance reminded Members that there would still be funding provided through S106 Agreements. The Executive Member for Assets & Strategic Development advised that S106 monies would not be able to be spent in the same manner when the CIL regulations came into effect. S106 monies could only be spent within the development itself and not to any part of the parish.
Accordingly, it was
RESOLVED that the approval of the Draft Charging Schedule be deferred until after January 2014.
- CIL Report, item 82/13 PDF 639 KB
- Appendix A Community Infrastructure Levy Draft Charging Schedule, item 82/13 PDF 4 MB
- Appendix B Additional Viability Study, item 82/13 PDF 2 MB
- Appendix C CIL Viability Assessment, item 82/13 PDF 3 MB
- Appendix D Summary of responses to Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule Consultation, item 82/13 PDF 47 KB
- Appendix E Breckland Housing Sales Values Addendum, item 82/13 PDF 2 MB
- Appendix F Regulation 123 List, item 82/13 PDF 137 KB
- Appendix G CIL Processes and Assumptions Paper, item 82/13 PDF 94 KB