Venue: Anglia Room, Committee Suite, Elizabeth House, Walpole Loke, Dereham, NR19 1EE
Contact: Committee Services Tel: 01362 656870
To receive apologies for absence.
An apology was received from Mr Perry.
The following persons were in attendance to speak:
Mr D Ozcan
Mr T Close
The hearing was conducted in accordance with the procedures as set out in the Agenda.
To grant the licence as per the application on the basis of the matters contained in the operating schedule and subject to any mandatory conditions under the Licensing Act 2003.
Findings of Fact
The Application Premises were currently vacant.
The Applicant had considerable experience in the management of retail premises.
Reason for the Decision
1. Members considered the terms of the application, and noted in particular the fact that there were no representations from any Responsible Authorities
2. Members considered the letters from the objectors and noted that neither had attended to address the committee
3. Members gave careful consideration to the contents of those letters and heard the representations of the Applicant on the points raised in the letter.
4. Members concluded that the representations were genuine concerns in the areas of the licensing objectives of crime and nuisance.
5. Members noted, however, that as those concerns related to potential activities in the street they were to a large extent outside the control of the Applicant.
6. Furthermore, the matters raised were capable of being dealt with by other agencies and under other jurisdictions, for example, the Police. The matters set out in the operating schedule would also serve to address these concerns.
7. Members of the Committee noted the contents of the anonymous letter submitted to encourage the promotion of local businesses and approved the sentiment in the letter.