Venue: Anglia Room, Committee Suite, Elizabeth House, Walpole Loke, Dereham, NR19 1EE
Contact: Committee Services Tel: 01362 656870
The following persons were in attendance to speak:
Mr C Mooney
Mr B Faulkner
Mr Andy Owens (Norfolk Constabulary Solicitor)
Inspector Abbs (Norfolk Constabulary)
Mr T Colman
Mrs S Cameron
The hearing was conducted in accordance with the procedures as set out in the Agenda.
It was noted that some parts of the application had been completed in error and the application was amended. The applicant sought on Friday and Saturday an extension to 03:00 the following morning for the licensable activities of live music, recorded music, performances of dance and late night refreshment, an extension to 02:45 in respect of the sale of alcohol and the extension of the opening hours of the premises by 30 minutes to 03:00 on Friday and Saturday nights (Sat / Sun morning).
The Norfolk Constabulary presented an additional summary of police involvement which was tabled with no objection from any party. There was a break in proceedings whilst this was studied.
Following hearing evidence from the applicant, the Norfolk Constabulary and local residents the sub-committee made the following decisions:
No extensions were made to the hours for licensable activities/opening hours which remain unchanged.
Conditions 22, 23, 26 and 27 of Annex 2 are amended to read as follows:
22. No children will be permitted in the bar area of the premises except in the case of pre-booked private parties taking place on the first floor of the premises when children may be present in any first floor bar area.
23. Children will not be permitted on the premises for eating purposes unless they are accompanied by an adult other than children attending a pre-booked private party taking place on the first floor of the premises.
26. No unaccompanied children will be allowed on the premises save for children attending a pre-booked private party taking place on the first floor of the premises.
27. No children will be permitted on the premises after 20:00 hours on Fridays and Saturdays save for children attending a pre-booked private party taking place on the first floor of the premises.
Condition 9 of Annex 3 is amended to read as follows:
9. When youth events take place (a youth event means all those attending are 17 years of age or under, other than supervisors) notices will be displayed at the entrance to the premises to the effect that nobody (save for staff members or others involved in a supervisory function) aged 18 years or over will be admitted to that part of the venue.
Conditions 6, 7, 8, 10 and 11 of Annex 3 are amended to delete “(17 and under)” and those conditions together with conditions 12, 13, 14 and 15 are amended to add the words “(a youth event means all those attending are 17 years of age or under, other than supervisors)” after “youth event”.
The following conditions are added to Annex 3:
16 – During pre-booked private parties there will be a ... view the full minutes text for item 2.