Venue: The Guildhall, Market Place, Thetford, IP24 2BA
Contact: Committee Services Tel: 01362 656870
To receive apologies for absence.
To note whether the Chairman proposes to accept any item as urgent business, pursuant to Section 100(B)(4)(b) of the Local Government Act, 1972.
Declaration of Interest
Members are asked at this stage to declare any interests pertinent to items on this agenda.
The Members’ Code of Conduct requires that declarations include the nature of the interest and whether it is a personal or prejudicial interest.
The following persons were in attendance to speak in this matter:
· Mr H Perdiz (Applicant)
· Mr M Rocha (Applicants Representative)
· Mr E Chambers (Objectors Representative)
The Hearing was conducted in accordance with the procedures as set out in the Agenda.
That having considered all the oral and written evidence submitted and having given consideration to the Licensing Act 2003 and its regulations, the national guidance in particular paragraphs 2.32 and 2.40and the Council’s Licensing Policy, in particular paragraphs 6.0 to 6.3 and 7.0 to 7.8, the application be granted for a premises licence for the premises known as O Cabaz to operate during the hours as stated below and subject to the mandatory conditions drawn from the Licensing Act and the following conditions:
Box M – Supply of alcohol
Monday to Sunday from 10:00 hrs until 23:00 hrs
Box O – Hours premises are open to the public
Monday to Sunday from 08:00 hrs until 23:00 hrs
In addition that;
1. CCTV will be installed and kept in working order to the satisfaction of the police and local licensing authority. Recordings will be maintained for a period of 14 days and made available to the police and local licensing authority on request.
2. A notice will be displayed at the entrance of the premises advising customers that CCTV is in operation.
3. All staff will be trained in the requirement of the licensing provisions in force, and a written record kept of such training. Such a record will identify the frequency of training and the elements covered.
4. The training manual shall be kept on the premises and shall be made available to the police and officers of the local authority on request.
5. The Premises Licence holders will operate an under 21 proof of age policy.
6. No consumption of alcohol shall take place on the public highway.
7. Alcohol is permitted to be sold from 10am to 23.00 on any day.
The Protection of Children from Harm
Alcohol will be stored out of reach of children present on the premises.
Reason for the Decision
The evidence provided by the applicant and his advisor satisfied the Sub-Committee that, with the conditions imposed and in place at the premises, the licensing objectives contained in the 2003 Act would be promoted.