- Attendance details
- Agenda frontsheet PDF 114 KB
- Agenda reports pack
- Agenda item 6 - Appendix F - Revised Settlement Boundary Maps PDF 3 MB
- Agenda item 6 - Appendix E - Footprint Ecology PDF 2 MB
- Agenda item 6 - Report and Introduction - Appendix A - Parts 1 to 7 PDF 4 MB
- Agenda item 6 - Appendix A - Part 8 - Dereham PDF 9 MB
- Agenda item 6 - Appendix A - Part 9 - Swaffham PDF 10 MB
- Agenda item 6 - Appendix A - Part 10 - Watton PDF 7 MB
- Agenda item 6 - Appendix A - Part 11 - Harling PDF 5 MB
- Agenda item 6 - Appendix A - Part 12 - Narborough PDF 4 MB
- Agenda item 6 - Appendix A - Part 13 - Shipdham PDF 6 MB
- Agenda item 6 - Appendix A - Part 14 - Swanton Morley PDF 4 MB
- Agenda item 6 - Appendix A - Part 15 - Settlement Boundary Review A-L PDF 37 MB
- Agenda item 6 - Appendix A - Gypsy and Traveller Sites PDF 2 MB
- Agenda item 6 - Appendix A - Monitoring and Implementation PDF 3 MB
- Agenda Item 6 - Appendix A - Part 15 - Settlement Boundary Review M-Y PDF 35 MB
- Agenda Item 6 - Appendix C -Sustainable Appraisal Appendices PDF 2 MB
- Agenda Item 6 - Appendix D - Revised Alternative Options for Dereham and Watton PDF 493 KB
- Agenda Item 6 - Appendix B - Task Group Observations PDF 480 KB
- Agenda Item 6 - Appendix C - Sustainable Appraisal Report PDF 727 KB
- Printed minutes PDF 107 KB
Venue: Watton Sports Centre, The Gallery Bar, Watton
Apologies (Agenda item 1)
To receive apologies for absence.
Apologies for absence were received from Mrs A Steward and Mrs L Turner.
Declaration of Interest (Agenda item 3)
Members are asked at this stage to declare any interests they may have in any of the following items on the agenda. The Members’ Code of Conduct requires that declarations include the nature of the interest and whether it is a personal or prejudicial interest.
The following declarations were made:
Non-Members Wishing to Address the Meeting (Agenda item 4)
To note the names of any non-members who wish to address the meeting.
Report of the Deputy Chief Executive.
Members are asked to note that the appendices to this report will be sent under separate cover:
The Chairman, William Nunn explained that this document had been put together by Capita Symonds Planning Policy Team which incorporated the findings of the eight meetings of the LDF Task & Finish Group and the views of the Towns and Parish Councils.
The joint meeting sought Members’ endorsement for the document to be published for a six week consultation period starting towards the end of May 2010. Following the consultation, the Preferred Options document would then be brought back to Cabinet for formal approval. A final document would be submitted for a further period of public consultation in October 2010, prior to proceeding to Public Examination.
The Chairman felt that the document was very clear and concise. Members were not therefore being asked to go through every map and report page by page as this work had already been completed by the Task & Finish Group.
Members were provided with a presentation highlighting the key points contained in the document (presentation attached).
Officers from the Planning Policy Team were introduced and were in attendance to make their presentations and answer questions.
The Principal Planning Policy Officer provided the meeting with a brief background to the process which covered 108 rural parishes and three market towns. The remaining towns, Attleborough and Thetford would be discussed and addressed through Area Action Plans.
The background information, issues and options were as fully set out in paragraph 3 of the report.
A range of reasonable alternative options had been considered for housing and employment and these had been presented in the document at Appendix A. Officers had advised that there was a reasonable prospect that these allocations could come forward and as a result should be consulted on in the preferred options stage.
The draft Sustainability Appraisal report (Appendix C) which was a large 300+ page document was available for Members to view at the meeting if they so wished.
In terms of housing, the preferred allocations for new housing in Dereham comprised three sites all allocated to the east of the town along Norwich Road. This was land at the former Maltings, land off Greenfields Road and land adjacent to Windmill Avenue (reference D1, D2 and D3). The preferred sites for employment development were at Rash’s Green and land at Dereham Business Park, adjacent to the Breckland Council building (ref: D4 and D5).
Reference D12 – Georges Road/Nunn’s Way to Cowper Road was land that had been identified as an area of search that could accommodate a balance of around 5,000m2 retail allocation.
Reference D15 – land east of Dereham Town Football Club was identified as open space for a new cemetery.
The preferred options were endorsed as recommended.
Referring to the alternative sites, revised options were presented, the first being at Dumpling Green and the second off Draytonhall Lane, Scarning (site reference D.7R and D.8R). It was agreed that site D.7R should remain as a reasonable alternative option and site D.8R be excluded from the document as it was considered unreasonable ... view the full minutes text for item 41.