Meeting: 13/09/2018 - Council (Item 121)
Report of Monitoring Officer, Maxine O’Mahony.
The Executive Manager for Governance presented the report. The report sought Members’ agreement to accept the variations to the Constitution, all of which had been listed in the report.
Regular reports were brought to Council with the intention of keeping the Constitution up-to-date and accurate. Members were asked that if they were minded to agree the recommendations that additional wording be added to recommendation (f), to read “in consultation with the Leader of the Council”
(a) Minor variations to the Constitution – That paragraph 3 of Article 14 of the Constitution, which deals with minor changes to the Constitution, be amended as shown in Appendix A to the report.
(b) Policies submitted to the Governance and Audit Committee - That items 10 and 12 of the terms of reference of the Governance and Audit Committee be amended as shown in Appendix B to the report.
(c) Local Authorities (Functions and Responsibilities) (England) Regulations 2000 - Schedule 1 Functions - That the Constitution be amended so that the functions detailed in Appendix C to the report are allocated to the decision-making bodies detailed in Appendix C to the report.
(d) Contract Procedure Rules
· That the table at paragraph 13.1.3 of the Contract Procedure Rules be amended as shown at paragraph (a) of Appendix D to the report.
· That the Financial Management Standards be amended as shown in paragraph (b) of Appendix D to remove reference to Norfolk County Council
· That paragraph 4.2 of the Financial Management Standards be amended as shown in paragraph (c) of Appendix D to the report.
(e) Standing Orders
· that Standing Order no. 35 be amended as shown at Appendix E to the report.
· that Standing Order no.19A be added as shown at Appendix E to the report.
· that Standing Order no.29A be added as shown at Appendix E to the report
(f) Virements / transfers – that paragraphs 3.4.4, 3.4.7 and 3.7.3 of the Financial Procedure Rules be amended as shown in Appendix F to the report; subject to additional wording being added to paragraph 3.4.4 (e) to read: “The S151 Officer, in consultation with the Leader of the Council”, shall have the power to…..”.
(g)Leader and Deputy Leader
· That the Constitution be amended to make it clear that one Deputy Leader may be appointed by the Leader
· That the additional definition of “Deputy Leader” detailed in paragraph 2.25 of the report be approved and the Constitution be amended accordingly.
(h) Development Plan Documents – that Article 4.2 be amended to refer to the Council’s Development Plan Documents.