Meeting: 19/06/2012 - Cabinet (Item 84)
Environmental Services Contract - Options Post 2015 (Agenda item 15)
Report of Lynda Turner, Executive Member for Localism, Community & Environmental Services.
- Restricted enclosure 2 , View reasons restricted (84/2)
- Restricted enclosure 3 , View reasons restricted (84/3)
- Restricted enclosure 4 , View reasons restricted (84/4)
- Restricted enclosure 5 , View reasons restricted (84/5)
- Restricted enclosure 6 , View reasons restricted (84/6)
The Executive Member for Localism, Community and Environmental Services presented the report and introduced Dale Robinson, the recently appointed Interim Environmental Services Manager.
Members extended their appreciation to Sarah Bruton, the current Environmental Services Manager who was leaving, for her sterling work over the years.
Members were informed that, if approved, the contract would end at the same time as a number of other Councils which would then present an opportunity to procure a better contract.
Many questions were answered in relation to savings, maximising assets, customer satisfaction, quality of service and performance.
RECOMMEND to Council that subject to legal clarification around EU Procurement Law:
1) the Serco Environmental Services contract be extended for a further six years from 2015 to 2021; and
2) the options as outlined in Appendix B be approved.