Overview & Scrutiny Commission - Swaffham Parking Review
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1) the disabled parking facilities in the Market Street car park be reviewed and easier access spaces be provided;
2) Norfolk County Council, as the Highways Authority, be requested to undertake an assessment to consider using the land opposite the old sixth form centre as a dedicated taxi rank;
3) Norfolk County Council be requested to produce new. Larger signs to entice people to park at the Theatre Street car park;
4) using a multi-agency approach, Breckland Council, Norfolk County Council and Norfolk Constabulary liaise over de-criminalisation of on-street parking in Swaffham, seeking a transfer of responsibility and action enabled through joined-up thinking and use of resources;
5) the Town Council’s proposal to employ a traffic warden to undertake off-street parking enforcement within the five market towns be supported; and
6) Breckland Council’s policy of providing free parking in all Breckland-owned car parks in Swaffham be retained.
Alternative options considered:
1) To approve the recommendations from the Overview & Scrutiny Commission.
2) Not to approve the recommendations from the Overview & Scrutiny Commission.
Publication date: 07/04/2011
Date of decision: 05/04/2011
Decided at meeting: 05/04/2011 - Cabinet
Effective from: 15/04/2011