Budget Setting, Medium Term Plan (MTP) & Capital Strategy
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider the capital and revenue budget
estimates and proposed council tax, the financial Medium Term Plan
and the Capital Strategy and recommend approval to Full
Resolved that the S151 Officer be authorised to update Appendices A, B and E to the report in light of the confirmed Government Settlement.
Recommend to Full Council that:
1. The Breckland revenue estimates and parish special expenses for 2016-17 and outline position through to 2019-20 (as set out in appendix B and E) are approved
2. The capital estimates and associated funding for 2016-17 and outline position through to 2019-20 (as set out in appendix H) are approved
3. A 100% disregard of war pensions, war widow’s pensions, war widower’s pensions and armed forces compensation payments or any other successor scheme in the calculation of Housing Benefit be approved
4. The fees and charges shown at appendix D and D2, for adoption 1 April 2016 are approved
5. The Council Tax for a band A property in 2016-17 be set at £49.32, a £3.30 per annum increase on 2015-16 levels (band D £73.98, a £4.95 per annum increase on 2015-16 levels)
6. The financial medium term plan at appendix A is approved
7. The Council applies for the four year settlement from central Government
8. The capital strategy at appendix G is approved
9. The release of budget, up to £1M from the investment and growth funds be delegated to the S151 Officer and Portfolio Holder for Finance to jointly approve on receipt of a fully worked and appropriate business case which generates an agreed ongoing return
Reasons for the decision:
To comply with budgetary and policy framework.
Alternative options considered:
1. That recommendations 1 to 9 are made to Full Council for approval.
2. Make amendments before recommendations 1 to 9 are made to Full Council for approval.
3. Some but not all recommendations 1 to 9 are made to Full Council for approval.
Report author: Alison Chubbock
Publication date: 10/02/2016
Date of decision: 09/02/2016
Decided at meeting: 09/02/2016 - Cabinet
Effective from: 18/02/2016
- Budget, Medium Term Plan and Capital Strategy PDF 97 KB
- Appendix A - MTP and Budget PDF 701 KB
- Appendix B - GFS PDF 126 KB
- Appendix C - Tax Base PDF 24 KB
- Appendix D - Fees & Charges PDF 91 KB
- Appendix D2 - Planning Fees PDF 42 KB
- Appendix E - Reserves PDF 37 KB
- Appendix F - Sensitivities PDF 102 KB
- Appendix G - capital strategy PDF 231 KB