Review of Shared Management Agreement
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To review the Memorandum of Agreement between Breckland Council and South Holland District Council.
1. RECOMMEND to Full Council that the Memorandum of Agreement attached at Appendix 1 of the report and as amended be approved.
2. RESOLVED that the Legal Services Manager, in consultation with the Executive Member for Governance, be instructed to amend the Terms of Reference of the Joint Appointments and Disciplinary Committee for submission to Full Council.
Reasons for the decision:
The Memorandum of Agreement sets out the legal basis of the Shared Management arrangements. It was important that the Agreement remains robust and reflected the current operation of all shared staff and the Shared Management structure as amended from time to time.
The Memorandum of Agreement was reviewed every two years, and the current review was now due.
Approving the proposed amendments would provide greater certainty as to the parties’ respective rights and liabilities. Ensuring that the Terms of the Agreement were certain would minimise risk to the parties.
Alternative options considered:
· To approve in full the updated Memorandum of Agreement as detailed in Appendix 1 of the report.
· To approve in part some of the recommended amendments to the Memorandum of Agreement.
· Not to approve any updates to the Memorandum of Agreement.
Report author: Maxine O'Mahony
Publication date: 17/10/2017
Date of decision: 17/10/2017
Decided at meeting: 17/10/2017 - Cabinet