Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The purpose of the report was to ask Members to recommend the 2010/11 estimates as a basis for consultation.
1) That the revenue estimates for 2010/11 and outline position through to 2014/15 be approved for consultation.
2) That the capital estimates and associated funding for 2010/11 and outline position through to 2014/15 be approved for consultation.
3) That the fees and charges shown at appendix 4 of the report, for adoptions 1st April 2010, be approved for consultation.
4) That the 2010/11 revenue growth bids be approved for consultation.
5) That the Cabinet consults on the Council Tax for a Band D property in 2010/11 at £64.05
Reasons for the decision:
To comply with the budgetary and policy framework.
Alternative options considered:
There were no alternative options presented; however, Cabinet was requested to consider amendments to the budget proposals during the period of consultation. It is usual for there to be significant change to a draft budget before it is eventually finalised and Cabinet was encouraged to focus at a strategic level as to the extent it wished to maintain existing levels of service, how services were prioritised, to what extent it was prudent to allocate reserves and to seek assurance as to how any budgetary shortfall might be addressed.
Report author: Robert Barlow, Alison Chubbock, Mark Finch
Publication date: 28/10/2009
Date of decision: 27/10/2009
Decided at meeting: 27/10/2009 - Cabinet
- Cabinet Report Budget Setting 1011 PDF 667 KB
- Appendix 1 Summary by Expenditure Overall Position PDF 57 KB
- Appendix 2 Summary of Growth Bids Efficiencies 2010 11 PDF 46 KB
- Appendix 4 Fees Charges PDF 66 KB
- Appendix 5 Reserve Statement PDF 43 KB
- Appendix 6 Statutory and Discrectionary Split by Service Area PDF 49 KB
- Appendix 7 Draft Capital programme PDF 54 KB
- Appendix 8 Staffing Estimates PDF 208 KB
- Appendix 9 CMT challenge day results PDF 48 KB
- Appendix 10 Progress on 0910 growth PDF 45 KB
- Appendix 11 Budget Priorities Survey PDF 442 KB