New Buckenham Play Area - Match Funding
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The report outlined a request for £15,900 Capital Match Funding towards the development of a new play area in the village of New Buckenham
That a capital match funding sum of £15,900 to New Buckenham Parish Council for a new play area be approved, subject to:
1) a maximum sum of £15,900 or 30% of the cost of the scheme, whichever is the lower;
2) confirmation of the total cost of the project;
3) the balance of all other funding being confirmed; and
4) the funding being allocated from the revenue 2008/09 match funding reserve.
Reasons for the decision:
The Parish Council had developed a sound community project based on thorough consultation and research within the local community. There was clear evidence of support from the whole community for the project.
Alternative options considered:
1) To approve the application for funding on the grounds of the high score and subject to offer letter conditions.
2) Award funding at a reduced level.
3) Reject the application for funding.
Publication date: 11/09/2008
Date of decision: 09/09/2008
Decided at meeting: 09/09/2008 - Cabinet
Effective from: 19/09/2008