Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The Allocations policy provides the framework for the Council and its partner Landlords to operate within, for the allocation of affordable housing across the Breckland district.
RECOMMEND TO COUNCIL that the Allocations Policy be adopted subject to the following amendments:
- Section 3 – Eligibility heading Notifying an ineligible customer – amend to read Notifying an ineligible or non-qualifying customer
- Section 4 – Assessment of Housing Need add a fourth banding, under Emergency, Gold and Silver entitled Applicants who do not have a reasonable preference
- Section 5 – Assessment of Applications – under Local Connection add the word or to the end of the first three bullet points.
Reasons for the decision:
The recommendation is for the policy to be recommended for adoption. The changes which have been considered by the Task and Finish group will reduce the register considerably along with offering guidance to individuals who will be affected by the changes. The new policy creates a local flavour of priority for areas that were important to members such as giving additional priority to care leavers, families wishing to foster, adding in a strong local connection of 3 years before you can be considered for the housing register.
Alternative options considered:
1. To recommend the policy for adoption
2. To propose changes to the policy and then recommend for adoption
3. To propose that the existing policy remains unchanged
Report author: Darryl Smith
Publication date: 11/10/2012
Date of decision: 09/10/2012
Decided at meeting: 09/10/2012 - Cabinet