ICT Shared Services
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To pursue shared services with Norfolk County Council for the delivery of ICT commencing 1 November 2012.
RECOMMEND TO COUNCIL that Shared Services arrangements with Norfolk County Council for the delivery of ICT services be approved.
Reasons for the decision:
1) There is a need to provide resilient services through staff and technology
2) We already have a good relationship with Norfolk County Council having used resources from NCC over the last 6 months.
3) There is a shared service already in motion. NCC providing staff to aid our day-to-day delivery and Breckland providing advice on the Video Conferencing implementation.
4) There is a vision of a platform for Norfolk at the strategic and political level
Alternative options considered:
1. Do nothing – Keep ICT in-house
2. Enter Shared Services arrangement with Norfolk County Council
3. Share services with CPBS
4. Share services with West Suffolk
Report author: Kevin Rump
Publication date: 11/10/2012
Date of decision: 09/10/2012
Decided at meeting: 09/10/2012 - Cabinet