Grant Panel Report Round 2 - 2012/13
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To summarise the funding recommendations that had been made by the Grant Panel for round 2 of the 2012/13 financial year and makes recommendations to Cabinet on the allocation of Match Funding.
a) Breckland Enterprise & Learning Account (BELA) Phase 4
That the Match Funding application for the amount of £15,000 be refused.
b) Breckland Support Programme in Norfolk
1) that the £80,000 grant from Norfolk County Council to deliver business start-up support throughout the District be accepted; and
2) the request for additional funding of £20,000 per year for two years from Breckland’s Match Funding Reserve be refused.
Reasons for the decision:
Alternative options considered:
a) Breckland Enterprise & Learning Account
· To approve the match funding for Breckland Enterprise & Learning Account (BELA 4) to the value of £15,000.
· To approve a lesser amount of match funding towards Breckland Enterprise & Learning Account (BELA 4).
· To decline the match funding.
b) Enterprise Support Programme in Norfolk
· To accept the £80k NCC grant and to authorise the release of £40k over a two year period to enable a high level of enhanced support for business start ups.
· To accept the £80k NCC grant and to authorise the release of a lesser amount of additional funding which will enable a lower level of enhanced support for business start ups.
· To accept the £80k NCC grant and not to authorise any additional funding and offer no additional support for business start ups after the initial training.
· Not to accept the £80k NCC grant.
Report author: Daniel Cox, Mark Fretwell, Lindy Warmer
Publication date: 06/09/2012
Date of decision: 04/09/2012
Decided at meeting: 04/09/2012 - Cabinet
Effective from: 14/09/2012
- Match Funding - Grant Report (final)_Use this one PDF 89 KB
- BELA 4 - report (Lindy Warmer)_Use this one PDF 91 KB
- Proforma B - BELA 4_Use this one PDF 54 KB
- Breckland Enterprise Support Pro - report (Dan Cox)_Use this one PDF 57 KB
- B4 27-6-2012 Breckland Enterprise Support PDF 55 KB
- Proforma B Thetford Dolphins - Swimming Club PDF 309 KB
- Proforma B Norfolk Dance PDF 332 KB
- Proforma B Foxley Village Hall PDF 384 KB
- Proforma B Swaffham Transport Project PDF 312 KB
- Proforma B Brecks Food & Drinks Festival PDF 335 KB